Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday: June 7th, 2009 - Tehran, Iran - Seven Weeks Ago

This Sunday, July 26, 2009, will be exactly seven weeks from the first rally I documented (Sunday, June 7th, 2009). For the next three weeks with each day, a corresponding vision of what was occurring in Iran, seven weeks ago to the day, will be presented. Don't worry how I got my hands on the footage, or more importantly, escaped the Basij and got the footage out of Iran. With these caveats, I will let you know that what I present each night over these next three weeks without fail, will be the rawest of raw footage. If you were to ask many filmmakers if they would allow their raw footage to be seen by anyone other than the creative team, you would be snickered at with a reassuring smile 'not in your life'. Smiles and all, this rule must be broken for I cannot fathom a bigger exception than what is in the present. This first installment was filmed on Vali asr, Sunday, June 7th, 2009: Five Days Before Election Day. Chodafez, Jahan Azadi

No comments:

Post a Comment